Miranda July is so adept at translating feelings and emotions it is almost unbearably beautiful and inspiring.
I am counting the seconds to finally seeing her new film, The Future:
And as formidable artist as she is, there is a whole project surrounding the release of the film, the most important of which being the blog.
On it there is this life-defining test, which I shall copy here:
To kick things off, I thought I would give you a brief diagnostic test so you can evaluate whether this movie is something you might be in to. Make a mark on a piece of paper for each “true” answer.
1. “I have survived a devastating break-up.” [true/false]
2. “I want to have a kid, but I’m also worried a kid will make it impossible for me to pursue my dreams. Especially since I’m already finding that pretty hard.” [true/false]
3. “I feel guilty about the above statement.” [true/false]
4. “I often find meaning in coincidences.” [true/false]
5. “I would like to take a break from being myself.” [true/false]
6. “I would like this break to involve sex, ice cream, and sheets with a high thread count.” [true/false]
7. “I think cats are pretty wonderful.” [true/false]
8. “I have a serious problem with procrastination that borders on paralysis at times.” [true/false]
9. “The job I have requires me to hide my soul.” [true/false]
10. “I spend way to much time online.” [true/false]
I got a 9, which makes me odd.