This is one of those weeks when I feel I need an extra push to get through to the weekend (yet another busy one, I can foresee).
So expectations play an important part in my selection of musical solace for today. What I mean is, my real favorite artists – the ones who speak right to my heart – are supposed to release new records in the near future. The list:
1. PJ Harvey. Her new album will be released sometime in 2011 along with fresh new concerts in European capitals.
2. Fiona Apple. Some of the new material has leaked onto Youtube and the like, along with rumors that a new record will see the light of day in the next Spring.
3. Ladyhawke. The Kiwi singer with the smartest keyboards on the planet is working on new material to be released very very soon.
4. Björk. The long hiatus will see an end as her much worked on new music is put out hopefully sometime next year. It hurts me to say it, but I do hope it will leave up to my expectations after the mostly disappointing Volta.
5. Lykke Li. Her sweet voice and heartfelt songs will fill our dreams as she releases her new album in the near future. Meanwhile, she has come out with a single that is both mischievous and down-to-the-bones honest, Get Some:
How redundant is it to say that I cannot wait to get all of these?
PS: Yes, I love female singers.