Is the year over yet? No? So, there’s time for the last list of 2009.
As a music addict, I’ve listened to dozen of bands all along the year. Some of these artists have managed to touch me in one way or the other, for they were part of the soundtrack of my life in 2009 (sound memory forever). And some of those acts launched new albums this year. So, with no more delays, here’s my list of the top 5 albums of 2009:
- The xx. The year’s best discovery. Melodic songs, sexy voices, strong bass and heart-warming lyrics. Unforgettable.
- Fever Ray. The world’s most luxurious electronic music bathed in feeling, meaning and purpose. A masterpiece.
- La Roux. How far can a beautiful voice and lovable synths go? Quite a long way, it seems. Deliciously good.
- The Arctic Monkeys – Humbug. More mature, more guitars, more melody, more Alex Turner. For all times.
- PJ Harvey & John Parish – A Man A Woman Walked By. Banjoes, organs, guitars and voice. A breath of fresh rock into one’s ears.
A universe of feelings:
A musical universe:
May all of us have an art-filled and creatively rich 2010, with lots of good music too.